Willkommen im cgboard - classic games Forum! Deine gemütliche Retro Gaming Community. Besuche uns auch im Discord Chat.

[Musik] Der Ayreon-Thread
Neues Lyric-Video:

Und mein derzeitiger Lieblingssong auf dem Album:

Ich poste euch hier einfach mal das englischsprachige Fazit, das ich geschrieben hab, als ich das Album gerade frisch durchgehört hatte:

Zitat:The journey’s over. The Source has flown.

Back when "The Theory of Everything" was released, it absolutely blew me away, musically, already after listening to it for the very first time. The way songs melt into each other continuously increased the euphoria minute by minute. I was absolutely struck with awe. With "The Source", I didn't have that feeling initially. But what I CAN say is that I absolutely enjoyed it.

Literally each and every syllable sung by Tommy Karevik is... man... I can’t even put it into words... Awe-inspiring? Mindblowing? There just are no words for his level of vocal chord mastery. Every time Hansi Kürsch, one of my favourite singers of all time, sings on the album, I’m filled with sheer joy – it’s glorious! James Labrie – who will always be the delicate soul of "The Human Equation" to me, with all his past trials and tribulations – delivers maybe the most gentle and heartwarming performances on the album. Floor Jansen, the amazing powerhouse, just belongs on Ayreon albums – whenever I think of the Ayreon universe storyline, she is an inherent part of it all. Michael Mills is just out of this world – he’s so uniquely innovative that there should be a huge (toe) statue somewhere to honor his work. And Michael Eriksen? Don’t even get me started! Ever since hearing "The Prophecy" by Circus Maximus back in 2005, I’ve had a new favourite singer in my personal Top 5. His distinctive, crystal clear voice is what makes "The Source" what it is. I am overjoyed to hear his incredible voice each and every time.

I do wish we could have had more of Zaher Zorgati though. Those two Arabic lines he sung were very memorable, but I wish we could have also had some of his English singing on the album, as I really like what he does with Myrath. I understand that this shortage happened because of unfortunate coincidences though, so it's understandable.

If I had to pick out some minor "weaknesses" (if you can even call them that; and they are highly subjective, too, of course), it would be the chorus of "Star of Sirrah", which felt a bit weak to me, and the seemingly "wonky" LaBrie/Sammet verses in "Aquatic Race", the melodylines of which I just couldn't seem to wrap my head around. That said, I BET those pseudo-"weaknesses" will quickly vanish after listening to the album some more. Smile

With that minor (and soon to be gone) nitpicking out of the way, I really feel the need to talk about the impact this album has had on me. The feelings this album gave me are absolutely staggering! It's been almost exactly four hours since I've finished listening to it and I STILL can't shake the emotions this album delivered. I'm still very much *IN* the atmosphere of the album! The story is sitting deeply in my bones. The journey was amazing. The "2084"-like desolation and hopelessness I felt during "Sea of Machines", all those references to (and prophecies about) the other Ayreon stories I’ve already experienced, the "Flight of the Migrator"-like feeling of travelling through space in "Condemned to Live" with the crushing guilt of having left Planet Alpha to die, the very detailled depiction of the remaining Alphans growing accustomed to Liquid Eternity on their new home planet, and of course the absolutely powerful ending of it all. Breathtaking, tumultuous, adventurous – a rock and roll ride!

This is what "The Source" is to me, basically. An unforgettable journey which is clearly one hundred percent Ayreon – with a very distinct focus on the one thing that has always been the centerpiece of the Ayreon universe:

Emotions.

And I can't wait to experience the whole thing all over again tomorrow.

edit:

Der Typ ist einfach SOOOOOOOOOO sympathisch!!

edit:

Hab den auch schon oft getroffen (aber nicht immer Fotos gemacht oder Autogramme geholt):

[Bild: arjenxdu3d.jpg]

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 05.09.2013, 21:26
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Eaggra - 09.09.2013, 13:22
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 09.09.2013, 16:57
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Eaggra - 08.10.2013, 13:15
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 08.10.2013, 16:33
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Heinrich Reich - 09.10.2013, 06:18
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Nemu - 09.10.2013, 09:08
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 09.10.2013, 15:13
Der Ayreon-Thread - von purpur - 09.10.2013, 18:23
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Nemu - 09.10.2013, 18:38
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 09.10.2013, 20:27
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Eaggra - 07.02.2017, 22:49
Der Ayreon-Thread - von purpur - 07.02.2017, 23:22
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 07.02.2017, 23:30
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Eaggra - 18.04.2017, 19:48
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 28.04.2017, 23:41
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Atreyu - 28.04.2017, 23:46
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 28.04.2017, 23:50
Der Ayreon-Thread - von Atreyu - 28.04.2017, 23:59
Der Ayreon-Thread - von SonataFanatica - 03.05.2017, 23:43

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  [Film] Labyrinth der Monster auf 3sat Retro-Nerd 28 3.551 26.06.2023, 08:17
Letzter Beitrag: Retro-Nerd
  Suche Mod-Musik aus der Kindheit (90er) Atreyu 9 886 04.03.2023, 21:47
Letzter Beitrag: fischbeck
  Der große Studio Ghibli-Thread Andi 94 47.888 04.05.2022, 08:49
Letzter Beitrag: Heinrich Reich
  [Film] 8-Bit Christmas (Weihnachtsjagd: Das Fest der Spiele) Rayman 3 1.435 01.12.2021, 21:24
Letzter Beitrag: Rayman
  Der König der Löwen (2019) Corsafahrer 16 6.638 27.11.2018, 07:59
Letzter Beitrag: Heinrich Reich

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste