Willkommen im cgboard - classic games Forum! Deine gemütliche Retro Gaming Community. Besuche uns auch im Discord Chat.

[Review] Rollercoaster Tycoon World (Review)
Für alle Interessierten: Hier das englische Review, das ich auf Steam gepostet habe.

Zitat:I'm glad I got this game for free from a friend who got two keys bundled in some hardware or software or something, I don't remember. He, however, remembered that I've always been a huge RCT3 fan since 2005 and I still play that game to this day. It's just a colorful pleasure every time.

THIS game... well... let's first get the most important thing out of the way:
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME for the current asking price of 46 Euros!!
I understand that many want to support these developer but... seriously... if they DARE to throw this game on Steam in THIS state, they don't seem to care about it all that much anyway. I for one don't expect them to really put any true passion in this product anymore. I do realize that they've called it "Early Access" now, but that's only because they've realized (by having that beta event) that their customers can't be deceived that easily and immediately called them out on HOW unfinished the game really is. This game should get MANY more months of thorough development and quality assurance and could then be released. Everything else is just BS, if you ask me.

Remeber the feeling of playing the old RCT trilogy? How much fun it was to enjoy many hours in that colorful, sunlit atmosphere, just watching the park visitors laugh, kiss, play and have fun? How well-rounded it all felt? The friendly and yet functional interface, the music, the whole look and feel?

That's all gone now.

The people in this game look like hideous soulless creatures. The last time I saw such an atrocious design of humans was in Egosoft's "X Rebirth" (remember those grandmas?). They're just uncomfortable to look at. (So that's why they never showed the peeps' faces in their official trailer/making of videos...)
The interface looks like a gray, neutral, managerial iPod-like interface. COMPLETELY devoid of color. Just gray with white lines. Yeah, that just screams "fun", doesn't it?
The terrain in this game manages to instantly disappoint. Really. Disappointment at first sight. And even when you've started building and embellishing your park... it STILL looks cold and bare. Hard edges everywhere and with a strangely gloomy lighting.

In the previous games you looked at the empty terrain and the colorful interface and you wanted to dive in!
In THIS game, you instead feel an urge to quickly build *SOMETHING* in order to fend off the depressing atmosphere.

There are countless comfortable options that are left out. Filtering your available structures by theme, to just name one.

I just feel sorry for Nvizzio.

Atari has become a disgusting publisher, really, which became painfully evident by their recent trainwrecks "Alone in the Dark: Illumination", "Asteroids: Outpost", "Haunted House: Cryptic Graves" and the ridiculous mobile cashgrab freemium "game" titled "Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile". Recycling titles of popular (sometimes iconic) franchises and churning out utter garbage.

Seriously... until "Planet Coaster" by Frontier Developments (the original creators of the RCT series) is out, just stick to RCT3 Deluxe. "Rollercoaster Tycoon World" just isn't worth your time so far. It might be when it's finished, but it's FAR from finished at this point.
Och noe.
Das Ding hat ein Early Access bekommen?

Teufel Teufel

Oder ist das ein Aprilscherz? Confused Confused Confused
[Bild: 5dnx1syg1tc.jpg]
I am Guybrush Threepwood, mighty Pirate!

[Bild: general-small.png]
Cebion's Adventure Corner! Adventures von 1986-2000
Leider nicht.

Ich wünschte das wär einer. Rolleyes
Traurig zu hören. Dann muss ich wohl noch Planet Coaster kaufen. Sad
Web Upload Archiv Upload down? Dann hier melden: klick

[Bild: garfieldadminx9pa7.gif]

Mein FTP: [Bild: ftp.php?server=ftp.corsafahrer.com&port=22222] Ihr braucht für einige Uploads Winrar 5 zum Entpacken!
Jau, leider. Sad Wobei... das hätten wir uns eh geholt, oder? Big Grin

Aber probiers ruhig selbst mal aus. Vielleicht hast du da ja mehr Geduld und Spaß mit.
SonataFanatica schrieb:Jau, leider. Sad Wobei... das hätten wir uns eh geholt, oder? Big Grin

Aber probiers ruhig selbst mal aus. Vielleicht hast du da ja mehr Geduld und Spaß mit.

Oder wir warten bis die EA Phase vorbei ist.
[Bild: 5dnx1syg1tc.jpg]
I am Guybrush Threepwood, mighty Pirate!

[Bild: general-small.png]
Cebion's Adventure Corner! Adventures von 1986-2000

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  [Review] Project Zero Series Review - Teil 1 [PS2] 3kA 13 4.434 21.07.2023, 10:18
Letzter Beitrag: Juttar
  [Review] re.play - Railroad Tycoon (Deluxe) HRMeinert 29 15.661 19.12.2017, 07:47
Letzter Beitrag: Commodus
  [Review] Sea Dogs 5: To Each His Own (Review) SonataFanatica 2 2.265 01.04.2016, 11:13
Letzter Beitrag: SonataFanatica
  [Review] Thief III: Deadly Shadows (Review+MOD) SonataFanatica 50 14.831 01.07.2015, 19:45
  [Review] Dreams to Reality [Review, Cryo, 1997, PC] SonataFanatica 5 4.371 17.02.2014, 14:41

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste