Willkommen im cgboard - classic games Forum! Deine gemütliche Retro Gaming Community. Besuche uns auch im Discord Chat.

[Aktuell] Ron Gilbert's "Return to Monkey Island" angekündigt
(13.06.2023, 11:35)Heinrich Reich schrieb: [...] Mir war bisher nicht mal bewusst, dass die Lizenzen immer noch bei Disney liegen. Das ist zwar sicherlich eine Sache, die Ron G selbst ausfechten muss, aber trotzdem alles sehr merkwürdig.

Ron Gilbert sagte dazu Folgendes:

Zitat:Luckily polls don’t determine what actually happens! Ron, for a long time you’ve said that you wouldn’t make another Monkey Island game unless you owned the IP. And you’re in a situation now where you’re making the game, but Lucasfilm owns it, and Lucasfilm is owned by Disney. So can you tell us how Return to Monkey Island came to be, and how your thinking has changed around that?

Ron Gilbert: Well, I bought Disney, that’s how this all happened. [laughter] Yeah, I said I wouldn’t do it unless I owned it, and I certainly kind of poked around Disney trying to figure out whether there was any interest in that. What was very obvious was that they really liked Monkey Island, that Monkey Island meant a lot to the people at least in the Lucasfilm group of Disney. And that was just never going to happen. It’s not like Disney needs the money, and I could slip them some money, and yay, they can make their quarter or something. It’s just not a reasonable possibility for me to do. And I think the more important thing, rather than owning it, was that I really wanted to have creative freedom. I didn’t want to be making a game and having somebody tell me what I should make. It’s not a work-for-hire gig. So that was probably more important than actually owning it, was being able to make the game we wanted to make.

The whole thing came about because I was talking to Nigel [Lowrie] from Devolver. We got together, I think it was at PAX, and we just started talking. He had mentioned that he knew John Drake, that they were friends, and John Drake was in charge of, I think, the licensing at Lucasfilm Games. So he wanted to approach [John] about doing a Monkey Island, and I thought sure, let’s see if anything goes.

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/vie...key-island

(13.06.2023, 11:18)purpur schrieb: Kann ich mir nicht vorstellen. Ich denke am Finanziellen wird es nicht scheitern, zur Not wieder Crowdfunding, aber das Spiel war bestimmt nicht ohne Erfolg, und das Ende deutet ja ganz eindeutig darauf hin, dass es weitere Abenteuer geben wird. Bin mir sicher Ron Gilbert macht gerne weiter.

Ich hoffe es. Aktuell arbeitet Ron Gilbert allerdings an etwas anderes: https://terribletoybox.com/tile_artist

"action top-down pixel art rogue-like/lite game"

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: Ron Gilbert's "Return to Monkey Island" angekündigt - von Andi - 13.06.2023, 17:41

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Dark Forces Remaster angekündigt GBuster 15 850 15.10.2023, 23:03
Letzter Beitrag: GBuster
Information [Aktuell] GTA Remaster-Trilogie offiziell angekündigt Juttar 86 13.464 25.04.2022, 10:44
Letzter Beitrag: Heinrich Reich
Information [Aktuell] Remakes von Max Payne 1 & 2 angekündigt Juttar 11 2.737 10.04.2022, 23:42
Letzter Beitrag: Juttar
  [Aktuell] Neues Monkey Island erscheint STiGMaTa_ch 2 2.313 02.06.2009, 20:36
Letzter Beitrag: STiGMaTa_ch
  [Aktuell] Spiel für die Konsole Genesis angekündigt... Lunarius 10 3.822 12.01.2006, 22:42
Letzter Beitrag: Retro-Nerd

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste